Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Leaving Soon for Sin City!

Thought I'd post a quick preview of my trip before I depart tonight for Las Vegas!

Tonight I begin my two-week adventure in Las Vegas and exploring California. I haven't been off the island since October, so I'm really excited to be getting off the rock! I feel like I need some really good R&R.

My adventure begins in Las Vegas where I'll be helping a friend out with a baseball tourney (probably running errands, helping to keep an eye on the players, etc.). I'll also be squeezing in a couple of shows, "Love" and "Phantom," as well as a luxurious few hours at the Wet Spa at Treasure Island (now known as "TI")! I'm looking forward to traveling with Elastagirl since it's been quite a few years since we've traveled together.

After Sin City, I'll be driving over to California. I've always wanted to drive down the coast, and I've never covered the area between Monterey and Santa Barbara, so that was my goal for this trip. I'll post more details on how I chose my locations later, but I'll be stopping off in Paso Robles, Monterey, Avila Beach, and Redondo Beach. Some of the attractions I'll be covering include the Monterey Bay Aquarium and Hearst Castle. I also hope to book a walking tour in Carmel.

While I'm in Redondo Beach, I plan to visit my aunty and a couple of good friends. One of these friends is having a baby, TOMORROW! (This, according to a text message I received from her today!) I'm hoping that I'll be able to visit with them and meet the little guy.

Keep posted, I plan to post updates daily, including pictures!

No comments: