Friday, June 19, 2009

Bright light city gonna set my soul, gonna set my soul on fire...

Well, I don't have a whole lot of money that's ready to burn, but so far I've done my part to help the Las Vegas economy recover from whatever financial straits it might be in!

We've been here in Las Vegas since Wednesday morning, and it's been quite an adventure. "We" is myself along with a couple of friends and some Kailua High School baseball team members who are participating in a wood bat tournament in Henderson. So far I've primarily been the tag-along and sometimes designated driver (not necessarily for alcohol-related situations!).

The morning we arrived was somewhat of a challenge for all of us with logistical issues such as car rentals and miscommunication with the hotel. After that, things have gone pretty well *knock on wood* except for the baseball games!
So far three games have been played and all have been lost. However, the games that have been played have been for seeding purposes, and supposedly the real action begins tomorrow.

As for leisure activities, we started off the first day at the Adventuredome at Circus Circus. Prior to Wednesday, I hadn't been there since it first opened, I think over 10 years ago. It was fun going there again.

After that, we were starving and ate at a place called MexItalia (can you tell what kinds of foods they serve???) in the hotel.
The Mexican items turned out to be good choices, although Elastagirl wasn't thrilled with her Italian dish. I ordered a Mexican pizza thinking it would be something along the lines of a Taco Bell Mexican Pizza. It turns out that they actually put it in a pizza box! It was ridiculously large for one person and I only ate two of the eight slices (and even that was pushing it). But it was really good, and a good deal at $8.99.


Getting tired...or shall I say, AM tired...to be continued soon.


No comments: