Sunday, October 5, 2008

I have arrived!!

Quick post, since I am about to drop dead from tiredness! I did not get a lot of sleep on my flights here -- from Honolulu to Houston, then Houston to Tampa. We had a 4 hour layover in Houston, and we managed to get one hour of sleep there.

We arrived in Tampa at about 5 p.m. and are staying at the Westin Harbour Island. The weather was not good, as it was pouring on the ride over from the
airport, so we decided to stick close to the hotel. Besides, we're all dead tired! We found a very nearby restaurant called Jackson's. At first it looked a little to frou-frou, based on the atmosphere, but it turned out to be a very good choice and not over the top at all.

I started with a wine flight (4 white wines) and had an entree consisting of grouper topped with lump crab meat, served atop a potato cake and some stir fried veggies. It rested on a bed of cream sauce that was wine-based, but I can't remember the name of the wine. Two of my friends had the shrimp & scallop linguine, and another friend had a chicken focaccia sandwich served with french fries.

Tomorrow begins our conference, but hopefully we'll be able to find something equally good to eat for dinner tomorrow!

No comments: