Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cafe Dufrain

Okay, it looks like Blogger is finally letting me do my thing, so I have some major catching up to do! I'm in Disney World right now, and today was a lazy day for me consisting mostly of shopping and taking pictures. Tomorrow is my spa day, so I want to be nice and rested and relaxed for that!

Back to last week...so last Tuesday, lunch was not included in our conference, which kind of sucked given that we only had a little over an hour to walk around and find something. We went on a little bit of an urban trek thinking we could find something over a nearby bridge, but to no avail. So we basically ended up just a short walk away from the hotel at a place called Cafe Dufrain, which I had on my list of possible restaurants to try. It turned out to be a good choice.

It's a cute little place with indoor and outdoor seating. Two of my friends had a pulled pork sandwich, and my other friend and I both had the chicken rigatoni, which was excellent! It was in a creamy sauce which was very tasty. And I still say you can't beat the taste of fruits and vegetables on the mainland. Our produce at home sucks, unless it's locally grown. So all of you who live in Hawaii, SUPPORT LOCAL AGRICULTURE!

Our little adventure ended up making us a half hour late in returning to the conference, but, oh well...at least we returned! A lot of other people didn't!

Coming up...Ybor City.

No comments: